Things that go boom in the night.

crime scene

Woman blows off fingers after mistaking dynamite for candle

In Bridgeport Connecticut a woman suffered severe hand injuries when she lit a quarter stick of dynamite she thought was a candle. The Assistant Bridgeport Fire Chief, Michael Caldaroni said Thursday night, after the power went out during a storm, the woman was looking to light a candle in her home. The dynamite exploded  in her hand. One of her children called 911 and she was taken to the hospital. No one else was injured. Caldaroni also said a window was blown out. Officials found another explosive device in the home and as a precaution, called the state police bomb squad to remove it.